PTS Online Seminar: "Introduction to compliance work and quality assurance for paper and board in contact with food (FCM)"
Food comes into contact with many materials before its eventual consumption. These so called Food Contact Materials (FCMs) should be sufficiently inert so that their constituents neither adversely affect consumer health nor influence the quality of the food. To ensure the safety of FCMs, and to facilitate the free movement of goods, EU law provides for binding rules that business operators of paper, board and tissue must comply with. Focused on fiber based materials the EU law complemented with recommendations of the German federal institute for risk assessment (BfR) is presented in this workshop. With practical examples and lessons it is shown how the safety of FCM is proven by the business operators placing them on the market. Information on sources of migrating components during P&B production and converting is provided, and common standards in analytical methods and sampling are presented. Advice for the important information flow along the supply chain as well as examples on interpretation and evaluation of test reports and certificates are discussed.
By individual and team working practices the participants learn how to calculate the worst case migration into foodstuff on the base of analytical results and how to prepare the necessary analytical inspection scope for a food safety declaration.
During the workshop current problems of the participants may be discussed.
Group of participants
The workshop is designed for engineers and technical staff from paper-/ board-/ tissue-producing or converting companies, quality control managers, product developers, business development-, marketing- and legal affairs managers working in daily routine with the topics of food compliance.
Notes on procedure:
- A few days before the event you will receive an e-mail from us with all the important information as well as the access data for the event.
- If required, we will offer you a technical test. Please register for this at ptsacademy(at)ptspaper.de
- To participate, you will need an internet connection, a computer and loudspeakers. A microphone, a headset or a webcam are not necessarily required.
- You will receive the course proceeding at the end of the event.
Participation in the seminar also includes a consultation for individual topics. During the events you have the possibility to book times.
Alternative Workshop date in German:
- 27.10.2020 Einführung in die Konformitätsarbeit und Qualitätssicherung für Papier, Pappe, Karton und Tissue für den Lebensmittelkontakt
- Further dates: In case the date does not suit you, please ask for further dates!
350 € (Online Seminar + Consultation)