Recyclability of paper & board based packaging
The workshop gives the opportunity to get a closer look at different main aspects of recycling and recovered paper, listed below.
Program: Overview as pdf download
Regulations and politics in Europe
- Legislation and regulations for packaging waste and paper for recycling (e.g. EN 643)
- Relevant stakeholders/associations and their current activities in Europe
- Certification and labels for recyclability and other EOL options
Recycling infrastructure for paper and board based packaging
- End-of-life (EOL) options for paper and board based packaging – collection, sorting, recovery options and disposal
Technical aspects of recycling
- Rejects from recycling in a paper mill – types, characteristics, current and future utilization options
- Recycling technologies for preparation and processing of paper & board based – packaging State of the art, special technologies
- Test methods for recyclability – paper and board based packaging (incl. virtual lab tour)
- Paper and board based packaging – materials, packaging types, packaging aids
- Design parameters for recyclability
Who is this event for?
Group of participants
The workshop is designed for engineers and technical staff from paper-/ board-/ tissue-producing or converting companies, quality control managers, product developers, business development-, marketing- and legal affairs managers working in the field of recovered paper, sustainability or similar.
Participation in the seminar also includes a consultation for individual topics. During the events you have the possibility to book times.