Abrasion of pigment slurries
What is determined with this method?
- Testing the abrasive effect of fillers and pigments and thus potential wear of machine components such as screens
- Wear values from 10 gsm to 130 sgm
Evaluation possibilities: What is evaluated with this method?
- Wear effect of fillers and pigments according to Breunig - ZM V/27.7/90
- Limits: Samples that tend to form sliding layers cannot be tested.
Examples of application of the method according to material
- Quality control
What knowledge is gained with this method?
- Wear of phosphor bronze paper machine screens.
In which company or process area is this method used?
- Process: QM
- Company: Production
Which problems can this method solve / detect at the customer?
- Detection of abrasive coating pigments / fillers