What is determined with this method?
- Determination of the advancing and receding angles of liquids in contact with a solid surface
- Measurement of the hysteresis due to different contact angle in the course of wetting (advancing angle) and dewetting (receding angle)
- Contact angle: 0° - 180° (± 0,1°)
- Drop dosing from 1 µL possible
- Frame rate: up to 52 frames per second
What is evaluated with this method?
- Degree of hysteresis as a measure of the adhesive force between liquid and solid surface
- Homogeneity of a surface: more pronounced hysteresis in the presence of more inhomogeneous surfaces (topographically as well as chemically)
Examples of application of the method by material
- evaluation of the wettability/roughness/surface quality of a coated surface after different treatments
What insights do customers gain about your products/samples with this method?
- The difference between the advancing angle and the receding angle (hysteresis) is a measure of the roughness of a solid surface (e.g. paper coating, plastic surface, etc.).
In which company or process area are these methods applied?
- Company: product development
Which problems can this method solve / recognise at the customer?
- Checking desired/specifically adjusted surface properties