Laser diffraction analysis
What is determined with this method?
- Particle size using static light scattering/laser diffractometry
- Particle size: 0.05 – 500 µm
- Concentration: 0.01 – 0.001 % (by volume)
- Scattering angle range: 0.03 ° to 135 °
- Not suitable for unstable dispersions
What is evaluated with this method?
- Particle size distribution of a dispersion
- Tendency to agglomerate/aggregate
Examples of application of the method by material:
- Characterisation of pigments and organic polymers
- Evaluation of the stability of dispersions
What insights do customers gain about your products/samples with this method?
- Particle size distribution of polymers and particles in dispersion
- Influence of pH value, salt concentration and use of additives on the agglomeration behaviour of a dispersion
In which company or process area are these methods applied?
- Process: quality management
- Company: product development, research
Which problems can this method solve / recognise at the customer?
- Optimisation of dispersions