Optical Topography Measurement
What is determined with this method?
- Generation of depth-focused 3D images (dense true-colour surface model)
- Determination of topographic characteristics of surfaces (surface analysis)
- Surface profiles
- Magnifications: 5x, 10x, 20x, 50x
- Vertical resolution: depending on magnification 0.5 µm to 8 µm
- lateral resolution: depending on magnification 0.4 µm to 1.6 µm
- max. object height: 70 mm
- max. lateral extension: 120 mm x 53 mm
- max. object weight: 0.5 kg (5 kg if stage is not moved)
What is evaluated with this method?
- Surface roughness (area analysis)
- Roughness (profile analysis)
- Evaluation of surface smoothness
Application examples of the method by material
- Characterisation of (paper) surfaces (rough to extremely smooth papers measurable, gloss and transparency are problematic to measure)
- Evaluation of printed products
Findings with this method:
- Determination of roughness parameters
- Quality assessment of surfaces and determination of surface defects
In which company or process area are these methods used?
- Company: Product development, research, QA
Which problems can be solved?
- Solving surface-related problems by correlating topographic characteristic values with physical surface properties
- Process-related interpretation of surface phenomena
- Raw material-related interpretation of surface phenomena